Saturday, February 2, 2013

2013 Goals and...Oh Yeah, I'm Back!

Happy 2013, Literati!

Okay, yes, I realize I'm a little late...but I'm back, Baby! (Tell your friends!) Where have I been? Somewhere between Wonderland and Mordor. I could blame my excessive workload, or my lack of blog-ivation, or just that life has a crazy way of actually getting in the way. For the plethora of reasons and excuses, I apologize. I'm now equipped with a new computer and I'm here to stay! Where is here, exactly? I've started a new project that I'm beyond excited about and I'm now armed with a list of 2013 goals to which I fully intend to accomplish this year. 

Let's talk about that: Goals. We all have them, and if you're, ahem, like me then you've written said goals somewhere and admire every few days. I'll be the first to admit that it's hard to reach your goals, there's the issue of motivation (lack thereof), not enough hours in the day, and just a long list of things you'd rather be doing (like eating ice cream and watching < insert guilty pleasure show here >). But now is the time! If not now, then when? 

So we're all in this together! Team huddle over here! Go grab a piece of paper and a pen, we'll wait. Okay, if you prefer using technology to create your lists, grab your phone or open a Word document, anything to jot down these five things: 2013 Goals. 

Now, they don't have to be grand ambitions, one of my goals for 2013 was to learn to knit and knit something (check, and check). Go ahead, give it some thought and record five realistic objectives. Here are mine:

1. Finish Current Project
2. Enter Three Writing Contests
3. Blog At Least Three Times a Week
4. Take a Krav Maga Class
5. Get an Agent

With that completed...It's time to introduce a new series! < Dances like robot > That's right, you knew I was going somewhere with this, right? ... Right? From here on out, Fridays will be known as...Friday Forum: < Topic >. We'll have posts covering inspiration, motivation, tips on accomplishing those five goals you just recorded, the evils of Pinterest (I love you, Pinterest), status reports, and more. 

I'd love to hear what your five goals are! Share them in the comments, or keep them to yourself, all that matters is that you know what they are. And this is the year to accomplish those objectives! No more excuses. (Come on, it's 2013 and you still haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird, etc.)

Thanks for sticking around! There is so much stuff in the literary world, just waiting to be discussed, so hang on tight, we are in for some intellectual colloquy and amusing antics! Don't forget to share your goals in the comments, and as always...

Happy Writing!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! *cannons fire* *fireworks explode* *people dance*

    Glad to hear your back. Best of luck on meeting your goals in 2013. I hope to get accepted into an MFA program and find an agent for my latest MG book. Here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! Best of luck to you, I'm certain that you'll be accepted! I can't wait to read some of your new stuff! And thanks for the great welcome back! Yay!

      Delete
  2. Oops, that would be "you're." Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's about time you made your way back here! Hmmm...5 objectives:
    1. Goal weight.
    2. Register for half marathon.
    3. Get girls signed up for 2 extra curriculars.
    4. Hmmm...
    5. Hmmmm...

    Harder than it looks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can mark #2 off then, right? How about taking over for TDL? :)

      Delete

My trusty grammar source: