Thursday, May 3, 2012

Welcome!

Hi there fellow Literati!
Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary defines literati as, “persons interested in literature or the arts.”  If you’re reading this blog, you’re literati (and probably a word nerd and grammar geek, be proud and hold your head up high!). 
You will soon discover that I am a passionate person.  What I’m most passionate about are my kids, husband, and anything literary, especially books.  I love the words in books, with each sentence creating a picture in my mind; the way a spine creaks, as if greeting an old friend; and the way a book smells, be it the aroma of freshly printed paper, or the old musty smell of a reliable classic.     
So what will you find on this blog?  Hopefully a break in the monotony of your day, a laugh (I’ll even settle for a snicker), but you’ll also read news about grammar or anything literary, book reviews, suggested reading lists (summer is on the horizon!), the seldom syntax rant (my advanced apologies), information on publishing/writing/agents/writing conferences, and so much more!  Most of all, I hope you find a fellow literati and friend!  (Oh!  And let’s not forget the occasional exciting giveaways!)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My trusty grammar source: